DT80 Range FTP Information
From dataTaker Wiki (FAQ)
Does the DT80 range support FTP?
Yes, data store and other files can be moved using FTP via Ethernet or RS232/PPP.
The DT80 range logger products are capable of both FTP Server and FTP Client (note: FTP Client for data files only - from version 6.10) operation.
FTP Server: Allows FTP folders to be accessed from IE and other browsers. Must be remote request from FTP Client. Supports anonymous login – read only.
FTP Client: As of version 6.10 the DT80 range loggers can also send data to a remote FTP server using the CopyD command. See the latest user's manual for more details. This is sometimes termed 'FTP Push' as the logger initiates the data file transfer. See these examples for automatically transferring data files.
Can the DT80 range send email?
Yes. Email out from all models of the DT80 range was introduced in version 9.08 firmware Simply down load V9.08 firmware from DT80 range Download page and update the firmware you your DT80 range logger and the email feature will be available.
My DT80 has a static IP address on my network but I can't send Email of FTP data?
Check you have configured the DNS settings in the DT8x profile to match the network settings.
When you use a domain name address (e.g. my.Logger.Network) the network has a Domain Name Server that translates the domain name to an IP address (e.g. 10.70.20.123). When the DT80 has been assigned a static IP address you also need to set the IP address of the networks Domain Name Server
What are the result codes for Email / FTP transfers?
As of version 7.02 the system variable, 29SV indicates the status of the last outgoing FTP attempt.
- 0 - no FTP transfers have been attempted
- 1 - FTP in progress
- 2 - last FTP transfer was successful
Error codes while connecting to server:
- - 1 - can't find server name (name invalid or can't connect to DNS server)
- - 2 - can't connect to server (computer not present or no FTP server running)
- - 3 - unexpected response from server (rare)
- - 4 - logger specified invalid username
- - 5 - logger specified invalid password
- - 6 - error selecting binary mode on server (rare)
- - 7 - error creating or changing to specified directory on server (user may not have permission to create directories)
Error codes during data transfer:
- -10 - no response from server (server may be overloaded)
- -12 - could not open data connection (server may be overloaded)
- -13 - could not read file from logger disk (rare)
- -14 - server returned error (rare)
- -15 - error sending or receiving (connection may have dropped out)
File transfer Error codes:
- -16 - could not open destination file (directory or read-only file exists with same name)
- -17 - could not write to file (disk may be full)
Store file error codes:
- -20 - problem accessing file
- -21 - store file is corrupted
- -22 - some other problem
- -30 Unload output file could not be queued for transmission because communications session queue is full
Abort error code:
- -99 - Unload was aborted by user (Q command)